Time on the road

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Los Vilos back to BA.

I've been rather quiet with my camera lately, just haven't felt in the mood. So from Los Vilos I went south to Santiago, a ride I've done before, nothing exciting, but in Santiago I stayed at Hotel Vegas in an old part of town, very nice. Thanks to Racetech my Ohlins shock is now fixed for the 2nd time, hope it lasts. So these are a couple of Sea Lions at the fish market in Valparaisio
Found a great road to Vina Del Mar over the mountains through a wine area, fantastic winding road, mountains and vineyards. this is a picture from Vina to Valparaisio, although the wind was cold the sun was out and it felt great to be by the ocean

Back on the road again, off to Argentina, yep into that snow.


Another valley in the Altiplano, I really have been spoilt most people pay alot of money to get to these places, for me its asphalt so its easy and tranquil.



Oh yes, they are building a nice little avalanche overhang, so I dont have to get my tires wet or muddy and then later they just stuck a tunnel straight through the best part of the ride, bunch of nuts, enter the tunnel in Chile and leave in Argentina, pretty cool.




Big Betty showing of her parking space??????????





Spent the night in Uspallata, this is where they filmed "7 Years in Tibet", with Brad Pitt, if this is what Tibet is like then I am looking forward to it very much. Then took this great tunnel road down to Mendoza.







Probably about 10 tunnels altogether, like a shortened version of Norway.


Did some wine tasting in Mendoza, no not in a local bar, acually went to Maipu and did a bunch of farms for a day, then did a 2 day trip back to BA, where I am now getting the bike ready for the long haul north, anybody want to join me?




























1 comment: