Time on the road

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dakar to Trevelin Argentina

When we left The Dakar in La Serana, Chile, we basicly screemed down to Santiago and then on to Osorno in the south of Chile and sometimes you just dont take any pictures, so be it. However leaving Osorno, a medium sized town where some people thought I looked like Sting!!!! of all people, no amount of convincing would change there minds so they took their took picture of me with them and whatever, Sting in Osorno, I dont think so.From there to Bariloche in Argentina was a great ride, scenic, curvy and really fast. Now I am starting to see more and more bikers on the road doing the same sort of thing, the more the merrier.I had to stop for this one, the famous Ruta 40 in Argentina, only did about 50 kms on Tarmac, but later will do about 1000kms on nasty gravel with 100kph cross winds, the real challenge.Now this is what I hunt for, I hit those corners like Im riding my CRF450, sidewys.Like my bad hair day?My new buddy Jerry in Trevelin, He rides a XR650, and took me on a little ride into the mountains,for some reason, Big Betty wanted to keep going to sleep, maybe she was tired of being treated like a 650, the truth, wet, wet clay, deap ruts and a steep hill, altogether I went down 5 times, now there is a differnce between dropping the bike and crashing. The first is when you know its going to happen and you get out of the way, something I am very good at doing. Now crashing I dont do very often, but this next pic, Oh yea I went flyingThe front wheel went into a deep hole hidden by the water, Yes I know, why go through the water, there might be a deep hole in it you cant see. I was doing about 10kph and the bike came to an abrupt stop and sent me flying. I laughed my ass off afterwards.



I actually filled my water bottle up in this lake. I could very easy spend alot of time in this place, just absolutely stunning. I dont know the name of the lake, dont care really, I just know how to get there. With a bit of luck Ill go back there one day.
If I keep posting like this, I might actually catch up, this was 3 days ago.

1 comment:

  1. Hi dude

    About time you came a cropper, but glad you are fine :) Five times eh, I only manged one eh !

    I am in Buenos Aires at DakarMotos, just about sold the bike, drinking beer :)

    Cheers
    Richard

    ReplyDelete