Time on the road

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Potosi to Uyuni Salar


These are a couple of pics of Potosi and you alreadt know what this place is all about.



On the way to Sucre we passed this bridge in the middle of nowhere for no reason other than the obvious, to cross the river, but why the masive castle on each side. They always have a reason and we didnt stop to find out.
Sucre is a town that looks like it has a bunch of cash, but alas, it just looks like it. This is a pic from our balcony, a nice clean Bolivian town (oxymoron).
Next was a 160km dirt road through rivers, rain and nasty gravel to get to Uyuni. My riding talents got tested when we hidt a river crossing and halfway through I lost my balance, so I hit the gas in the low gear I was in and fully loaded, did a 180 degree turn on the spot and ended up going back the way we came, how we didnt fall beats me, second time was an easy shot.
Uyuni is an amazing place, not the dusty, dirty little town but the Salar, salt flats. These tables and chairs, made out of salt (good for my BP). The hotel, made out of salt, even the salt in the salt shaker was salt, unbelievable
Melissa is always down my throat about something. You know what they say about guys with big feet ha ha.
I am just a tiny little man next to Melissa.
Why did the Cockerell jump over the Dinosour?
With enough time and toys anyone could spend months here going nuts with ther imagination.
Nowe are off on a 2 day journey from Uyuini to San Pedro de Atecama in Chile. The boys on the bikes and the ladies in a rented 4x4 with a guide.
The average height here is about 4500 meters above sea level and the scenery is lunar, a photographers dream world, I plan to go back with food and a tent and zen out, absolutely amazing up here.
More on the second half of this trip soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment