Time on the road

Monday, April 5, 2010

Buenos Aires / Estancia la Candelaria


























Ok, to all of you millions who are wondering where I am, well maybe not millions?? I am now back in BA, getting ready to start a new trip as I mentioned before. I am in no rush to leave BA, so I plan on brushing up on my Spanish a little, during this time I will decide on a route, through Brazil and up the East coast or back the way I came through the Andes, however I really enjoy the mountains, so thats the way I'm leaning right now.
These pictures are from an Estancia a friend took me to, about an hour out of town. We went for the day and you pay one price and everything is included, 3 meals, horse riding, bicycles tenis, pool, hiking, they got it all. The castle is acually a hotel, so you can stay overnight. One thing I will say, is that the horses like to run, so if you get on a horse here, it is going to want to take off. I had a hard time keeping Mercedes under control, then later on while sitting by the pool I heard this screaming lady come flying down the road on her horse hanging on for dear life, clearly she wasn't to much of a rider as she was trying to stop the horse by pulling back hard but one side was longer than the other and she wasn't very strong and she was screaming, so the horse thought she wanted to turn left and then speed up, so the more she screamed the faster the horse went, in a circle. Eventually one of the groundsmen caught her, told her to stick a sock in it and calmed the horse down. She seemed quite anxious to get of the horse with a less than convincing story that the horse had gone mad. Some damn fine entertainment for the rest of us.
If your budget is not to tight or you want to splurge, the the Eurobuilding hotel BA is a great choice, not to pricey, but first class service and immaculate rooms, it can be googled.
This afternoon I pick my bike up and hopefully tomorrow I move to a new place closer to a school, I hope I remember how to ride her, for anyone who is wondering, her name is "Big Betty"

1 comment:

  1. Brasil take at least two month to visit, and you need a Visa, ans another one for Venezuela. Inform you if you can get it in Brasil or Buenos Aires before departure.

    I passed thrue Paraguay and northen argentina and Chile. I allready miss the andes... Soooo beautifull....

    Good Ridding!!!

    Philippe

    ReplyDelete