Time on the road

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Leaving Buenos Aires





















































































Oh yea, back on the road again Jack.
Aiming for a town called Rosario, for no particular reason, and hooked up along the road with 4 guys on a V-Strom weekend, Philippe you would have loved it, they invited me to join them, so off we go to a little town outside of Cordoba called Santa Rosa and check in to some cabanas with 40 other bikers, all Argentinian and all there for a good time, meat, beer and bikes, thought I had died and gone to heaven. Could have been BMW’s, but let’s not get fussy. Saturday was spent riding around the area alomg windy roads, dirt roads and taking over small towns and at night a big meal and a raffle at which I won a bunch of Suzuki stuff, very funny.
I got a route from one of the guys on where to go in a northerly direction and so on Monday morning the trek north continued. Some lovely scenery and 350 kms later I arrived at a little dump of a town called Chamical, it had a crappy hotel and one restaurant, but I didn’t want to go any further, so an early night and early start and off to the Valle de Luna, now that was spectacular, as you can see by the pics, well worth the trip. Next was a little town called Valle Union not fantastic but close to another park, Talampaya or something like that, a canyon that is red and stunning. You sit on the roof of the truck and up the canyon you go, also a worth while stop.I cant express how good it feels to be back on the road again. Big Betty is going great after her service, my new clothing is great and the fresh air of the mountains is breathing fresh life into my soul.

2 comments:

  1. Yeap, wish to be there to.... ENjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!Have you tried a Vstrom? Be careful... you might like it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cris. It's Julian (from Santa Rosa de Calamuchita event and Villa Union Inn - Talampaya trip) Nice to see your pics.
    I hope you continue enjoing my country
    and the barbecue at home (La Plata) is of course still waiting!
    Take care and good luck.
    Julián.

    ReplyDelete